Thursday, May 1, 2014

Four more days!!

Time has gone by incredibly fast this year. It was just over 8 months ago that I first heard about Intercordia, but it many ways it feels as if it were only yesterday.


After my first year of university, the only real hope I had for second year was that it would be better. I did not enjoy first year at all and was looking for something to improve my university experience. That's when I first came across the Intercordia program. I saw a poster for information sessions and decided to attend. Upon learning more about their goals and motivations, I knew that this was something that I had to do. Could it be that this was the thing that would make my second year of university better than my first? I thought so, and I committed fully to Intercordia, not realizing that it would not only improve my university experience, but change me as a person. I am not the same person who started this experience all those months ago. I have learned a lot about myself not only throughout this process but throughout the courses I have taken this year.


In 4 days time I will be leaving for Bosnia-Herzegovina. Part of this does not seem possible, part of it is starting to terrify me. But I have no doubt in my mind that this is something I want to do. And that I am ready for this experience to begin. I also know that often times in life the things that scare us the most are also the things most worth doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment