Monday, May 5, 2014

Today is the day!!!!

Today is the day that I leave for Bosnia. Later tonight I will board my flight to Istanbul, where I will eventually make a connection and fly to Sarajevo.

I'm not sure how I am feeling at this moment. The last few days have been a bit all over the place. There is certainly some excitement, as well as some nerves.

I said goodbye to my brother this morning, and will do the same with my parents later tonight. I will miss them, and other important events like my brother`s high school graduation and my mom's 50th birthday. But I am ready for this journey to begin.

Intercordia believes in being with people, not doing things for them, and this is what originally drew me to the organization. I am excited to meet new people this summer and hopefully create lasting relationships. I look forward to living with people different than me and learning about a culture different from mine.

And I look forward to being able to share this experience with all of you. I will try and write as often as I can.

I hope you all have a wonderful summer and I will see you in three months!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment